Our combination of stabilizers, WASA and cold flow improvers make our additive package a total product solution for your stand-by generator application. PowerGen Diesel Protection provides defense against fuel degradation and microbial contamination and ensures cold and hot weather operability.
The intent of a stand-by generator is to have emergency power in the event of a power interruption. Unlike the fuel in a storage tank that is turned over each week or each month, the fuel used to power a stand-by generator often sits for extended periods of time.
ULSD (ultra low sulfur diesel) has created problems for diesel users. The most common problems experienced with ULSD are:
Lower Stability of the Fuel – ULSD has a shorter shelf life and degrades easily.
Higher Incidence of Microbial Contamination – Microbes cause corrosion of tanks and plug fuel filters. Sulfur reduction in ULSD took away a natural antibiotic which protected against contamination.
Challenges with Cold Weather Operability – Because of the way ULSD is processed, there is a higher incidence of paraffin drop out at cold temperatures.
PowerGen Diesel Protection is the ONE SOLUTION to the problems created by ULSD, developed for the special needs of stand-by generators.
- Protects against the most common fuel quality issues
- Ensures fuel operability in extreme weather conditions
- Reduces or Delays thermal oxidation, the leading cause of black filters which can lead to filter plugging
- Stabilizers ensure a Longer Shelf Life and Stop Fuel Degradation
- Eliminates Microbial Growth in your fuel tanks
- Cold flow improvers perform equal to or better than using 30% No. 1 diesel
- De-icer Prevents Fuel Line Water Freeze-Up and Filter Plugging
- WASA prevents wax crystals from dropping and plugging fuel filters
- Provides the detergency needed to achieve a “Clean Up” rating in the DW10 Standard Injector Coking Test
TREAT RATE: 1 gallon of PowerGen treats 800 gallons of diesel fuel